Third Sector Framework
The Third Sector Framework
You may have heard of the Third Sector Framework and wondered what it is, who’s involved, and how it relates to you and your organisation. If you want to know what it’s all about, who can apply and how to apply, then keep reading …
The Third Sector Framework was launched in January 2021 and is a partnership between Nova Wakefield, Wakefield Council, Wakefield District Health and Care Partnership and Young Lives Consortium. The Framework is an open and transparent way of allocating funding to Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations across Wakefield District.
What do I need to know?
- To date, more than £2 million of funding has been distributed to VCSE organisations through the Framework.
- Membership of the Framework is free!
- There are three Tiers of membership, meaning that organisations of all sizes can apply and benefit from access to the same funding opportunities.
- We want to help organisations build their capacity, so Framework members have access to exclusive training and workshops.
- Being a member of the Framework gives commissioners confidence in your organisation, as we do important checks as part of the application process.
How do I apply?
To be eligible for membership, organisations must:
- operate in the VCSE sector
- provide Health and Wellbeing services and activities in line with the four priorities set by the Wakefield Health and Wellbeing Board
- be ‘locally-rooted’ in Wakefield District
- be committed to sharing skills, expertise and best practice
- be committed to safeguarding.
If all of this sounds like your organisation or group, we would encourage you to apply! Membership of the Framework is growing quickly as more and more funding is distributed in this innovative way.
You can apply for the Framework by downloading the application form from the Nova website https://www.nova-wd.org.uk/our-work/third-sector-framework and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.